The Croatian Association of Artists (HDLU) is housed in the Mestrovic Pavilion, built in 1938 according to the designs of celebrated sculptor Ivan Mestrovic. The pavilion is of exceptional value to Croatian and European architectural history and is one of the few round exhibition spaces in the world. Over time, the function of the building has changed: from 1938 to 1941 it was an art gallery; 1941 - 1945 a mosque; 1945 - 1949 an art pavilion; 1955 - 1990 the Museum of the Revolution. In 1993, the pavilion was officially returned to HDLU, and extensive renovations began in 2001. Since 2006, the pavilion has housed major exhibitions of Croatian and international artists and other cultural events organized by HDLU.